Monday, March 17, 2014

Now that I'm on springbreak...Update on progress

So basically I haven't really been making progress LOL, just been maintaining for the most part. Weighing anywhere from 171-174 lbs morning weight. Weight definitely depends on what time I go to bed and what time I wake up. As of lately, before spring break started, I've only been getting an average of about 5 hours of sleep. Therefore, waking up and weighing myself after just 5 hours, I do tend to weigh heavier, but on the other hand, it is vice versa. If I can get at least 7 hours of sleep, of course that gives my body more time to digest over night, and probably leads to a more accurate FASTED weigh-in in the mornings, so I do tend to weigh a lot lighter after 7 or more hours of sleep.

Basic update: Calories are around 2400/day
  • 55-60 grams of fat
  • 250 grams of carbs
  • 225 grams of protein
Basic Cardio:
  • Just whenever I feel like doing cardio, sometimes i dont even do cardio at all for the week.
  • if i do do cardio, i try for typically at least 2 days a week, nothing hard and nothing long
  • Low intensity steady state cardio, about 20-30 minutes on stair master (65 steps per minute)
  • OR 8-10 minutes of High intensity interval training (TABATA Style, which is 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off, whatever type of training machine you want to use)
Working out:
  • Definitely been noticing strength loss!!! Which sucks and beats you down mentally, but Oh Well!!! Technically I have lost 8-10 pounds which is a big difference and therefore, is expected to lose strength!
  • Endurance is also struggling but, I did take a de-load/rest week about a week ago, so I do feel it is helping me refocus and slowly helping me to be more effective in the gym again
  • Biggest hit is Squats and Deadlifts!!! These definitely went down, but like i said, slowly trying to maintain strength as I lose weight, but very difficult!
  • Upper Body Strength (I.E. bench press) is still pretty good. Naturally ive always been pretty decent at bench press, but for sure endurance has gone down.
 Nagging issues:
  • I don't know what I've done but my left wrist and right shoulder has been killing me.
  • Left Wrist: Definitely cant do supinated bicep curls at the moment, so been doing a lot of hammer curls. Using heat (such as the jucuzzi/hot tub) has increased extensibility in my wrist allowing for more range of motion and less pain, but only for the time being. Hoping this will heal soon
  • Also my right shoulder has been hurting. I think it might even be a type of impingement problem. Probably because my internal rotators (Chest and Lats) are overpowering my external rotators (teres minor and infraspintatus) causing impingement of my biceps tendon. 
  • So im trying to be careful but still lifting as heavy as possible! The less i think about it, the less it hurts, but that might not be a good thing.

FUN FACT: This past weekend, March 15 and 16, I went over my caloric intake on both days, drunk beer, and ate pizza on both days, and guess what??? WOKE UP WEIGHING MY LIGHTEST IN ABOUT A MONTH. 171!!!! Typically i have been weighing in around 174, crazy huh???   

No comments:

Post a Comment